23 September 2018

It Happened Again!

For those who remember my post, No, I'm Not Suicidal!,
about falling down and practically throwing my computer across the room because of my Homer Simpson slippers (below), Homer is now bald! I did it again tonight, but in the opposite direction, going into the kitchen which, unfortunately, has linoleum on the floor. Linoleum is much harder than carpet, I've discovered!


Anyway, I was going to the kitchen to get a beer, not carrying my laptop, D.g! The loop on one of the slippers caught on the dog gate between the two rooms.. Smack! Face down on the floor. Luckily, I don't wear my glasses indoors. I'm not sure they would have survived the impact. At any rate, I'll probably have a nice bruise on my forehead and possibly on the bridge of my nose. My nose is not majorly damaged. No nosebleed or anything. In fact, I didn't realise it had been impacted until I wrinkled my nose because it itched and, bingo, it was a bit painful.

So why is Homer bald? I thought there were useless loops on the toes of the slippers. After falling I told the Cuter and Shorter Half, that I was cutting the damned things off. As I got the scissors, I noticed there were two on each slipper. One was still sewn down. Those 'loops' were Homer's hair! The stitches had come out of three of the four, so they became loops just waiting to trip me.

As a result, I gave Homer a very close haircut, and I won't have any more falls from his hair getting caught on the gate!


The only problem is that I didn't get to write comments on my 12.00 post on Distributism, 'Word of the Day', or the Off the Menu episode, because it's hard to type with one hand, whilst holding an ice pack to one's forehead.  So, if you watch them when they go live, come back and check them out later. I'll be adding some commentary from the Old Curmudgeon.


[Image: IMG_20180328_134657.jpg]
The Evil Slippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.