02 March 2024

I Am Triggered ...

... by Protestant ads! As I've mentioned before I play a lot of solitaire on my phone. The app I use is ad-supported and one ad I get altogether too often is one for an Authorised Bible app with the tagline 'God needs you to read a Bible verse every day'.

NO, HE DOESN'T!

What God WANTS, as the Baltimore Catechism #1 says in its 6th question, is for me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in heaven.

However, God does not NEED me to do anything.

God is holy, eternal, almighty, and totally self-sufficient. He does not need any created being, but we do need Him. All of creation is dependent on the life that God alone sustains. "Bringing forth grass for cattle," and "All expect of thee that thou give them food in season." "Thou shalt take away their breath, and they shall fail, and shall return to their dust." (Psalm 103:142729).

God, on the other hand, is not dependent on anything or anyone. He suffers no lack, knows no limitation, and experiences no deficiency. He is "I AM WHO AM," with no qualification or exception (Exodus 3:14). If He needed anything to stay alive or to feel complete, then He would not be God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.