24 June 2021

Happy UK Independence Day!

Despite the fact that I am not 'technically' British, I was heavily invested in the Leave campaign, donating both money and time. On the day of the vote, I spent the entire night before and the day, posting on social media, encouraging my friends and acquaintances in the UK to get out and vote for independence.

Here is the post I made five years ago today on Facebook:

Rather than posting hither and yon on friends' and groups' pages, let me make one post here. WE WON! I had been up all night, posting #BREXIT links on Facebook. I walked up to the pub, shortly before the polling closed. About half an hour later I checked on my Kindle and saw the 'results'. I was gutted!!!

A friend bought me a whiskey to help me 'drown my sorrows'. I came home, told the fellow I care for what had happened, and fell asleep in my chair, but not before starting to create a 'tombstone meme' showing the date of Britain's death.

A few minutes ago, Tim rudely woke me.  I don't take kindly to being awakened at the best of times and given the situation, it was NOT the best of times! Just as I began to berate him, he said, 'Shut up! I came in to tell you, YOU WON!

I ran out onto the porch, grabbed the Union Jack from its holder, and swinging it in the air, began to shout, 'We won! Britain is free! God bless Britain and God save the Queen!' I'm sure my neighbours were more than a bit confused.

I had planned a post pointing out how upset I was at the loss, to explain to my non-British friends, who've had no idea what I was obsessing about the last weeks, but instead, I'm over the moon!!!

As the polls opened, I posted. 'St George, St Andrew, St Patrick, and St David, pray for your people. Cry--God for Elizabeth, Britain, and Freedom!' For those who don't believe, I say 'Nah, Nah, Nah!!!' LOL!

I am so happy, I have tears in my eyes! God Bless Britain, and God save the Queen! HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, BRITAIN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.