17 February 2021

My Apologies and a Request for Prayers

Many years ago, I had a cataract removed from my right eye.I now have one, not yet ready for surgery, in my left eye. As a result my right eye is my 'good' eye. However, every so often, for some reason, the sight in the right eye becomes so blurry that i can basically only see light and dark, and movement with it. Without my right eye, I can't read or see what I'm typing.As I've mentioned, I type with one finger, and I make lots of typos. It's very important that I can see what I've typed, and be able to see the handy red underlining of Google spell check when I've made an egregious error.

The problem with my sight explains why I appeared to be slacking today. I have no idea what causes it, and my doctor saw nothing untoward when he last checked me out. Luckily, it usually lasts only a day or so. Nevertheless, it's frightening! Please offer a prayer asking St Lucy, Patroness of eye problems to pray for me. Here's the prayer I'm saying.

Saint Lucy
Whose beautiful name signifies 'LIGHT'
by the light of faith which God bestowed upon you
increase and preserve His light in my soul
so that I may avoid evil,
Be zealous in the performance of good works
and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and
the darkness of evil and sin.
Obtain for me, by your intercession with God
Perfect vision for my bodily eyes
and the grace to use them for God’s greater honour and glory
and the salvation of souls.
St. Lucy, virgin and martyr
hear my prayers and obtain my petitions.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.