19 October 2020

Salutatory-Three Years On-Thank You!

Three years ago today, I posted this Salutatory as the first post on Musings of an Old Curmudgeon.
I have decided to start blogging again. This will be a bit different than my old blog The New Crusade. It was more of a news aggregator, but I hope to make this attempt a journal of my thoughts and comments on what I read and on life in general. I hope you enjoy it.
Now, three years on, 19,483 posts  and 1,102,462 page views later, I'm still going. The blog has changed radically from what I envisioned three years ago. It started out as a personal journal, with my observations on 'life in the world and in a small, rural town in South East Nebraska'. I posted about the weather, our vegetable garden, my local Parish, our dog, what we were eating etc. I posted lots of pictures of the countryside around Wilber as we took the dog for his runs, and pictures of the garden, the trees in our yard, flowers, the meals the Cuter & Shorter Half prepared, and other things that affected me on a personal level. 

Then, as the crises in Church and State got worse, I reverted to more of a news aggregator. I realised that, since I'm a retired Old Curmudgeon, I have ample time on my hands to surf the net looking for news and opinions that might be of interest to people who don't have the time to do the same thing.

I've come to think of it as my part in the battle to preserve what sanity and order is left in our society and to try to reconquer territory lost to Satan and his minions in the Culture of Death. It seems obvious from my daily page view count that my work is appreciated by some. 

I want to thank all of my readers, the ones who have commented, who have encouraged me, who have contributed monetarily when I had computer problems, and the ones who have shared Musings of an Old Curmudgeon on social media. I assure you all that your salvation, your health, and your personal intentions are included in my daily prayers.

This blog is dedicated to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, and St Louis IX, Crusader King and to Santiago Matamoros, St James the Moor Slayer. May Christ our King have mercy on us, and may Our Lady and Queen, St Louis and St James pray for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.