10 July 2019

A Picture Illustrating My Boyhood

Last year, I posted I Lost Part of My Childhood!, with this picture.

I said, in part,
I learned to swim in the quiet pool below the dam, and I spent many a warm summer's afternoon sitting atop the dam, with a fishing line dangling into the pool below. If it had rained upstream and there was water going over the dam, instead of through the turbines in the building in the picture, it was an exciting adventure to walk across it. You could still fish from it if the water wasn't too swift, but you needed a bucket to sit on if you didn't want your trousers completely soaked! 


Well, here is a picture, taken from the other side of the Big Blue River, that gives a better idea of what it looked like during those idyllic summer afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.