30 August 2026

Catherine Parr: The Queen Who Survived Henry VIII and the Scandal of Elizabeth I and Thomas Seymour

From History Calling


Ever wondered how CATHERINE PARR became the Queen who SURVIVED HENRY VIII and what happened next? For managing to outlive Henry VIII, his sixth wife deserves to be remembered as one the most amazing women in history, but how did she do it? This Tudors documentary from History Calling will take you through Catherine’s life, showing how her background, temperament and intelligence made her the ideal Queen for Henry and helped her survive him, despite having a near miss in 1546 when he almost had her arrested. We’ll also look at the Tudor scandal which erupted when Catherine married Thomas Seymour as well as the childhood of Elizabeth I, her relationship with her step-mother before and after Henry VIII's death and the even greater scandal of Elizabeth I and Thomas Seymour’s relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Leo XIV as the Vicar of Christ, the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.