16 July 2024

Prayer to Our Lady of Mt Carmel

Today is her Feast Day. As a Carmelite Tertiary, she is very dear to me. I consecrate myself to her every morning and evening in my daily prayers.


From Aleteia

By Philip Kosloski

Pray this beautiful prayer invoking the intercession of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.

Ever since the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared to St. Simon Stock, many have offered prayers to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.

Her apparition has led to many devotions within the Church, such as the popular Brown Scapular.

Here is one prayer to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, asking her to intercede for us and draw us closer to her Son, Jesus.

Oh, most beautiful flower of Mt Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of heaven, blessed mother of the son of God, Immaculate Virgin: assist me in my necessity. 

O Star of the Sea, help me and show me, here thou art my mother. Oh, holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and Earth: I humbly beseech thee from the bottom of my heart to succor me in this necessity (state the request). 

There are none that can withstand thy power. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Holy mother, I place this cause in thy hands.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.