30 July 2024

Relic-Hating Progressive Catholic Criticises Critics of Olympics Last Supper Parody

It is modernist, heretic converts like Beatrice Freiin von Weizsäcker who give converts like me, who actually believe the Faith, a bad name!


From Catholic Conclave

Did a scene at the opening of the Olympic Games in Paris offend religious feelings? Some prominent Catholics say so - including the bishops of France. Journalist Beatrice von Weizsäcker calls for more calm.

The Catholic journalist, lawyer and author Beatrice von Weizsäcker believes the ongoing criticism of the opening of the Olympic Games in Paris is exaggerated. "I am an Olympic fan, an art lover and I like Jesus. I have rarely had so much fun with it as I did at the brilliant opening ceremony," von Weizsäcker wrote on her Instagram profile on Sunday morning.

The Munich-based journalist commented on a scene in which drag queens, dancers and performers recreated the painting "The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci. France's Catholic bishops spoke of a mockery of Christianity. The German sports Bishop Stefan Oster described the scene on X as a low point "and completely unnecessary in the production." The reactions were "wonderfully predictable," said von Weizsäcker. She thinks it's great how certain groups were annoyed by the scene: "They don't understand anything about Jesus. Because he invites everyone. There is room for everyone at his table."

She advised people to look in the Bible. "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus," von Weizsäcker quoted a verse from the Epistle to the Galatians and added: "Stop scrapping the barrels and enjoy the games." She reacted calmly to a comment that accused her of a lack of understanding: "It amuses me more than it offends me." Beatrice von Weizsäcker is the daughter of the former German Federal President Richard von Weizsäcker. She was a member of the presidium of the German Evangelical Church Congress for many years before converting to the Catholic faith in 2020.

Source

This is what she said:

"I am an Olympic fan, an art lover and I like Jesus. I have rarely had so much fun with this as I did at the brilliant opening ceremony. Wonderfully predictable: the reactions.

I posted on threads: I think it's great how the #NoAfD & co. are angry. They don't understand anything about Jesus. Because he invites everyone. There is room for everyone at his table. 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️

One of them immediately felt called to pray for me: "You portray Jesus as if God approves of what you live out. Educate yourself, woman, I'm praying for you." Thanks, bro!

@mariaeinspunktnull was furious: "We find it terrible how even those who call themselves Christians applaud the mockery and ridicule of their own religion. (...) But then to claim that the critics don't understand anything about Jesus just takes the cake."

Reactions to the image, which is reminiscent of Leonardo da Vinci's painting "The Last Supper," came from all over the world, including from people who probably didn't even see the show:

From the USA: "The Olympics ceremony was a Satanic drag show. They were mocking God, Christians, and Christianity. I will stop this sickening Satanism on day one! No President has fought for Christians like I have! Boycott the Olympics. Christ is King." (Trump)

From Moscow: "A cultural-historical suicide is taking place in one of the once Christian capitals of European civilization." (Vakhtang Kipschidze, spokesman for the Russian Orthodox Church)"

Cathcon:  She has drunk deeply at the wells of the Francis Papacy.   Perhaps she should have stayed Lutheran to be truer to herself as she shares Luther's opinion of relics that they are are "shit".  She clearly will never be happy in the Catholic Church.  She is a supporter of OutinChurch

"If I remember correctly, the Catholic Church has problems retaining its members. The resignation figures speak volumes. So there is a lot to do. And what is the Church doing?

It sends a piece of a heart through Germany. It belongs (or should we say "belonged"?) to Carlo Acutis, the "cyber apostle" and "influencer of God", who died of leukaemia at the age of 15.

I remember with horror seeing Carlo Acutis laid out in the Santa Maria Maggiore after his beatification in Assisi. I remember with astonishment the people kneeling before him.

But the idea of worshipping or touching an organ encased in gold, or even having it bless me, is even more horrifying.

The Catholic Church has so much good to offer, and I really like being Catholic. Carlo Acutis should be canonised for all I care, as Pope Francis has decided. But I find this cult repulsive. I'm right there with Martin Luther. He called relics like this "shit".

Pictured: Beatrice Freiin von Weizsäcker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.