30 January 2023

A Competition to Win a Silver Jubilee Souvenir Bible

I inadvertently ordered two copies of a beautiful Silver Jubilee Souvenir Bible from 1977. Whilst the Bibles are very nice, I really have no need for two, so I've decided to give one away. However, even tho' I don't have that many monarchist friends, I have enough that I don’t want to have to choose to whom to gift it.

The Bible is the King James Version, bound in white leather, with silver gilt edges and the Silver Jubilee emblem embossed on the cover in silver. It comes in a presentation box embossed in silver gilt with St Edward's Crown, the Royal Cypher, and the words 'Silver Jubilee.'


The box also contains an aluminium commemorative 'coin' or medal issued by the Province of Ontario with an explanatory card, in both French and English, signed by the Premier and the Minister of Education of the Province in 1977.

What I've decided to do is to hold a competition to win the Bible. I'm sorry to my monarchist friends outside North America but, because of shipping costs, I'm limiting the competition to residents of Canada & the US (and Mexico, if I have any monarchist friends there).

The competition is simple. Write an essay on Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth or the British monarchy. I shall choose which I consider the best and I will definitely publish it here on the blog as a guest post. I may publish other submissions as well, but the winner will get top billing.

The deadline will be April 23rd, which is the Feast of Saint George, Patron of England. You may submit your essay as a PM on Facebook or you may send it by email to jovan2weismiller@gmail.com. However, since I'm not very good about checking my email, it would be wise to PM me on FB or leave a comment on this post that you have emailed your entry to me.

Good luck to all entrants! May Clio, the Muse of History, inspire you. God save the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.