03 July 2024

Woman Admits to Killing Her 7 Year Old Son More Than 40 Years Ago, Now Campaigns for Euthanasia.

And where is the Crown Prosecution Service?! She has admitted to committing cold-blooded murder. Why is she not awaiting trial for her crime?


By Alex Schadenberg

A UK woman who admitted to intentionally overdosing her 7 year old son more than 40 years ago is campaigning for the legalization of euthanasia.

Harriett Sherwood reported for the Guardian on July 3 that:
A woman has admitted giving her terminally ill seven-year-old child a huge dose of morphine to end his suffering more than 40 years ago.

Antonya Cooper said her son Hamish had experienced “horrendous suffering and intense pain” as a result of his stage four cancer and “beastly” treatment.

“On Hamish’s last night, when he said he was in a lot of pain, I said: ‘Would you like me to remove the pain?’ and he said: ‘Yes please, mama’,” Cooper, 77, told BBC Radio Oxford.

“And through his Hickman Catheter, I gave him a large dose of morphine that did quietly end his life.”
As much as I share sympathy concerning the suffering Hamish experienced, there were other options than killing him.

Further to that, Hamish was a child, he was not capable of consenting, but even more, his mother only asked him if he wanted the pain to go away. He wasn't asked if he wanted her to kill him.

When asked by Radio Oxford if her son knew that she was going to kill him, Cooper responded:
She said: “I feel very strongly that at the point of Hamish telling me he was in pain, and asking me if I could remove his pain, he knew, he knew somewhere what was going to happen.

“But I cannot obviously tell you why or how, but I was his mother, he loved his mother, and I totally loved him, and I was not going to let him suffer, and I feel he really knew where he was going.”

She added: “It was the right thing to do. My son was facing the most horrendous suffering and intense pain, I was not going to allow him to go through that.”
As sad as this story is, it shows how dangerous it is to legalize euthanasia. Once legal, similar cases of doctors killing their patients, without consent, will happen.

Further to that, euthanasia is not legal in the UK and yet Cooper is promoting the case for expanding the law to killing children.

Hamish needed pain and symptom management. He needed care not to be killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.