28 February 2024

Can I Stay Catholic After This?

Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. (Gospel of St John 6:68)


Last week, I addressed the latest controversy in the Church about the declaration Fiducia Supplicans – which if you’re looking for more reasons to become Catholic, we have the best names for things… but anyways, the declaration gave permission for priests to bless same sex couples, which as any reasonable person should have anticipated, has caused a lot of controversy, confusion, and division in the Church.
And as should also be expected, it has rattled the faith of many others. I saw more than a few comments from people saying, how can I remain Catholic or simply declaring that they’re leaving at this point. So, I wanted to address that concern and respond to the question about whether I intend to remain Catholic or why you should remain Catholic. But before I do, I wanted to say a little more about the document in question because there have been some new developments and a lot has been said since I last addressed it here. Like, a LOT has been said. So, let’s say some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.