17 July 2023

If You Wondered What Kind of a Human Being Would Put Politics Ahead of Supporting People Who Are Trying To Stop Child Slavery

Shea is famous for blocking people who disagree with him. Here are two FB groups for those who've incurred his wrath: Banished by Mark Shea: A Support Group and Rigid Trads Blocked (or who want to be blocked) by Mark Shea.

From Daffey Thoughts

By David Griffey

I give you Mark Shea:

Now I believe this is an authentic review by a bona fide fan the way I believe Elvis Presley is really alive and working on a road crew in Moose Lake, Minnesota.  Though it is today, when three Jeopardy contestants couldn't fill in the missing word 'Hallowed' in the Lord's Prayer, and CBS reported on a poll that found 40% of Americans couldn't pinpoint the historical event upon which our Independence Day celebrations are based.  So general standards appear to be lowering across the board.   

Nonetheless, it's more than telling.  Mark is hardly alone among those left of center.  But he is the first Catholic I've seen who has made sure attacking those trying to do something about child slavery is the main priority.  

Again, I reserve the right to ignore Mark, and I typically do at this point.  Even when someone sends me something I will usually set it aside.  Nonetheless, when he manages somehow to sink even lower than usual, especially when it comes to attacking those trying to do a good work by fighting the modern enslavement of children, it's worth noting where some Catholics will stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.