19 May 2023

The King & Queen's Robes in 2023 - Reuse and Symbolism


News of the coronation is now coming thick and fast – the order of service has now been released and I will give you my initial thoughts on that tomorrow. One of the items of news we have heard is about the robes that King and Queen will wear to the coronation next week. I speculated in my video about the pages some weeks ago that I wondered if new robes might be produced that dispensed with the fur and were lighter – I was completely wrong. The King and Queen will wear the traditional style of velvet robes, trimmed with gold and fur, but they have made, except in one case, the very sensible and economical decision to primarily reuse older garments for their coronation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.