01 May 2023

The British Monarchy's Biggest Hater

The first instalment of 'Treason Fest 2023', on British traitors.


Chapters 00:00 The Brits Who Hate the King 05:03 Thomas Paine 10:29 Common Sense & the American Revolutiohn 14:45 Rights of Man and the Pamphlet Wars 18:46 The Trial of Thomas Paine 21:01 Britain’s Almost-Revolution 23:12 Skillshare! 25:06 King Charles Goes to France With the coronation of Charles III just around the corner, I thought I'd celebrate in the only way I know how: by creating a mini-series of videos telling the stories of various rebels, radicals and republicans throughout the centuries who have tried (with varying degrees of success) to consign the British crown to history. In this first episode of what I'm calling "Treason Fest 2023", we're looking at the one time that Britain has successfully ridded itself of its royal family. Buckle-up for the story of Charles I, Oliver Cromwell and the English Revolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.