10 March 2022

I Am an Out, Loud, and Proud 'Culturalist'

Many years ago, I had a correspondence with an unreconstructed Nazi. Not a 'neo-Nazi', but a proud German veteran of the Wehrmacht. He had founded an organisation called the 'World Union of Europeans'. 

I was very active at the time in the Integralist Monarchist movement, writing and speaking wherever I could find the opportunity. I was even publishing a little 'samizdat' called The Ultra Review, which took its name from the 'Ultras' in the reign of STCM Louis XVIII who were said to be 'more royalist than the King'.

I came to this fellow's attention and he made the same mistake most leftists do, of assuming that Integralism, political or religious, is Nazi/fascist. He contacted me to try to convince me to join or cooperate with his 'World Union of Europeans'. After reading the material he had sent me, I realised that he was, indeed, a Nazi, with all of the what we would now call 'identity politics' of the Nazi racial policies.

I wrote back pointing this out and declining to become involved. He replied accusing me of being 'afraid I'd be called a 'racist'. I answered in turn, saying that I had been called a racist and worse, without it bothering me and explaining my position, a position I still hold today, 45 years later.

I said, that to him, an Albanian Muslim who slaughters his sacrificial goat in the living room of his house is a 'European', by virtue of his race. To me, he is a follower of an alien, Asiatic religion and an enemy of the culture and civilisation I love who does not, in any way, qualify as a 'European'.

On the other hand, I explained that, to me, a man born in the former French Colonial Empire in Africa, of black African parentage, raised speaking French, educated in a Francophone collège and lycée, with a grounding in the Classics, who attends the Traditional Latin Mass, is a European, regardless of his racial and ethnic identity.

In the last analysis, I don't give a damn about a man's ethnicity, skin colour, or genetic makeup, but I am absolutely convinced that the Græco-Roman Catholic culture and civilisation to which we are heirs (and is under attack today) is the best man has achieved in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.